The Great Holiday Escape 2016: Pampanga Food Trip


Whatta tiring day. So we drove back to Manila (with me as the driver) from Baguio just to get the luggage with our beach clothes at home. Our plan for The Great Holiday Escape 2016 was to go up Baguio first for the 23rd until the 25th, then stay in Pampanga overnight, then leave on the 26th to Kamana Resort in Subic for some legit sunshine fun time before we head back to Manila.

We get to Pampanga at around 10pm, grabbed dinner, then checked in at The Royce Hotel. The next morning, I finally got a visit from Aunt Ruby (aka I got my period). I was so bummed. I expressed how bad trip it was for me to have my period on the day we're leaving for the beach. My mom told me, "Huwag ka na ma-bad trip. Cancelled na trip natin to Subic. Mas nakaka-bad trip yun diba?" LOL. Apparently, may bagyo (Nina) sa Subic and it's signal #2! So the family just decided to reschedule our booking since it's been paid for already. Huuuuuuuu. My mom extended an extra night in Pampanga since we were just supposed to meet the whole family back in Subic. So kaming 3 na lang nag-Pampanga.


Our room at The Royce Hotel

Day 2 in Pampanga! 

We had lunch at Amare by Chef Chris which is conveniently located at the ground floor of The Royce Hotel. Danah blogged about our wonderful lunch there, here. I swear, that place is a must-visit if you're in Clark! It's quite pricey but worth every cent. After leaving The Royce Hotel, we stopped by SNR to buy some vitamins (LOL, yes. I need my stocks of vitamins!) and then we dropped by Vista Mall just across our hotel to get tickets to Die Beautiful! I loved it! Grabe. So happy na nag-kaka-kwenta na mga films ng MMFF. No more mainstream films na super nakaka-bobo lang for the masses. I mean, sure meron pa din, but the line up improved so much from the past years, back when it was all about Vice Ganda and Vic Sotto and all those other annoying movies that they're obviously milking for the money. Lamona, because profit matters more over art and message in this country. I'm really happy may pagbabago na sa local film industry!

Anyway, yeah, I really enjoyed Die Beautiful and I recommend that you watch it!!!

We grabbed take-out from Friday's before heading back to our room. 


Our mom left us to have this room all to ourselves. Then she went with her partner, Tita Jan, back to her house in Pampanga.


AAAACK! My period this cycle is pretty wild. Haven't had my period in 2 months and the comeback is a bitch! I wasn't in the mood to get made up or anything. I was just suffering the pains of menstrual cramps. Huhu. Thank God for Dolfenol. It helped relieve the pain somehow. I kept it comfy on our last day in Pampanga. I didn't even wear a bra anymore, my boobs hurt so bad. I just wore a slip on dress and slippers despite having a duffel full of rampa clothes. LOL. I just covered myself with a shawl. 


Last day in Pampanga! Headed to one of our favorite restos there before heading back to Manila! Green Kitchen for lunch! Woot!


Gaano kaya ka-green ang Green Kitchen? (LOL) Do they serve organic produce? Are their sauces and dishes sugar-free? (Kainis how our tastebuds as Pinoy are so sweet. Lahat na lang tuloy hanggang ulam, may asukal!!! ACK!) I should've asked!!!!


Mexican salad. Danah ordered this, but I got another bowl with no corn chips and corn (because CARBS). The dressing of this was kinda' sweet too. So I'm pretty sure it's not sugar free. Can Pinoys please stop putting sugar on everything??? 😓

I forgot what this one is called, but it's like chunks of steak. Super soft and delicious. Loved this!

Osaka salad for me! Green Kitchen's take on the famous kani salad.

Berries and feta salad. It was okay, I wouldn't order it again.


I loved their coconut juice! It's the whole buko—coco water with the meat—blended together to form this coconut milky drink! I told them to not add any sugar, and it was still sweet to my tastebuds. I guess the coconut they used was very fresh. Loved this so much, we ended up getting a liter to go!

I was really looking forward to the beach trip with the family, but oh well, shit happens. All in all, this family trip brought so much good juju. We usually spend the holidays traveling but last year our grandma and our tita were in Canada. So this feels new, being together, all of us. I must say, this Christmas is the most memorable Christmas so far in all of my adult life. LOL. I'm so happy. I feel so blessed. Thank You, Jesus, for coming to this world to love and save a shithead like me. I don't and I won't deserve it (EVER), but You did it anyway. Because You are LOVE. What a great God we have. 💖


Share:

1 comments

  1. Nice post! There are many good restaurants here in Pampanga, but if you want to feel the "Culinary capital of the Philippines" you can also check these Pampanga Food Trip

    ReplyDelete