Adios, 2016


Our family decided to celebrate NYE in our condo, and this time, our lola and aunt got to join us! They both welcomed 2016 in Canada, so last year it was just me, Danah, my mom, and uncle ushering the first of January.


Danah kept bugging me with the idea of decorating our condo to surprise our family. I really didn't want her to, because extra gastos, but she didn't let me stop her anyway. When I got back from the grocery after buying zucchini lasagna ingredients for Media Noche, she went home a few minutes later with two bags or party stuff from Daiso and National Bookstore. Haaaaay nakoooooooo.

I didn't have any choice but to help prettify our unit her given that she already bought stuff. But actually, after seeing how our place turned out, I was glad that she insisted on decorating! 💖  Loved the festive vibe of our window and our dining table! Good job, baby bear!


I come from a family of great cooks, and we welcomed the new year with a spread of our specialties! My aunt made the best eggnog and seafood chowder—creamy goodness(es) that I've been excited for since the holiday began! (L-R, clockwise:) My mom cooked beef ribs mechado using my great grandma's recipe. Yuuuuummmmm. I baked some of my zucchini lasagna (that Danah loves so much), since the family hasn't tasted it yet (I'll post recipe here on the blog soon). I also roasted some cauliflower rice to go with the mechado. Danah cooked her roast chicken with gravy and my uncle cooked garlic-butter prawns—two of my all-time favorite dishes!

 For dessert, my uncle brought Nathaniel's buco pandan. I had a small cup despite the sugar content because it's the holidays and I didn't wanna miss out! 😛

Seflies with my twin


Years come and go but family is forever 💝 

My makeup look for NYE!

Wearing Air Optix contacts in Gray, and NYX lingerie lippie in Liply. Used Sleek's highlighter in Cleopatra

My polar bears 

Mean-muggin'

Pa-cute lang


2017, I'm not sure if I'm ready for you but whatever, as if mapipigilan kita. LOL


After Media Noche, lots of picture taking with the family, and watching fireworks, Danah and I went to another intimate NYE party at our friend's ancestral home in Forbes. Check out Danah's NYE post here to see more photos! 

Our time there was super chill. Danah introduced me to some of her new old friends, Lex and Chippy (she just met them recently so they're new but they're much older than we are so they're old—gets? 😜  ). We had a couple of drinks over meaningful conversations about psychology, relationships, and God. I really learned a lot from them and I was so amazed at their testimony and how secure they are in God and His Truth. 

What I wore
Nariz Ong bralet and culottes (my own design available for made-to-order) | Debenhams lingerie robe | Dorothy Perkins belt | Hue Manila sandals | Salty Ripples choker | Kate Spade earrings


I wasn't really into my outfit. I wanted to wear my sparkly tutu but it was a little constricting and I wanted to keep it comfy. So I went out in these amazing culottes instead. I got compliments from friends saying they liked my ensemble. Instead of telling them I didn't like it, I just said thanks. Why would I deflect their compliments when they're expressing appreciation for what I wore, right? 😉

My hair is a mess. This is the best I can do trying to hide my bangs!

Before leaving Forbes, we took a few photos acting like fools. 


Bidding 2016 goodbye doesn't end here! We left at around 4am to head to Rocketroom afterwards!



Share:

2 comments

  1. You guys are all so cute! I love the food spread and the decor!

    ReplyDelete